from Brent Thompson
The recipe originally came from a Kashmiri cookbook that Brent came across
while living in India.
- 12 lamb rib chops, large
- 1 tsp. ginger powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 4 cardamoms, black
- 2 cardamoms, green
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 2 bay leaves (Indian tez patta)
- 1 piece of mace (or grated nutmeg)
- 2 Tbs. fennel seed
- 1 liter milk
- thick, beaten yoghurt
- besan batter (made from besan and water)
- salt to taste
- Flatten chops.
- Tie spices in a muslin/cheesecloth bag.
- Heat the milk.
- Add meat and the bag of spices and simmer until liquid evaporates and
chops are tender.
- Dip each chop in beaten yoghurt, then dip in batter, then fry on both
sides in ghii.
- Serve. (Some like to rub garlic on the chops before dipping.)
go back to country list
go back to the Curry House homepage